Monday, May 06, 2013

Normal and safe

Nut 1 - Why do we always tend to live our lives based on what everyone defines as 'normal' and 'safe'? Why do we let others define boundaries for our decisions ?

Nut 2 - Because if we don't then we will be treated as outcasts rite.

Nut 1 - Not exactly. You know why we do that?

Nut 2 -Why we do what? I am not getting it.

Nut 1 - Why we dont stray away from what everyone perceives as 'normal' and 'safe'.

Nut 2 - Umm....I don't know. We're too scared maybe.

Nut 1 - More than being scared, we hate being told "I told you so!".

Nut 2 - Hein? I told you so? Who told you what? This sounds cryptic to me.

Nut 1 - You see, when we shy away from the 'normal' on an important decision and it doesn't work out, everyone around will come up to you and say "I told you that it won't work out. Why didn't you listen to me then? Its always risky to go down that road you know. I have been telling you that this is a risky decision. Your mom and dad have also told you about 'not' doing this. Even Azhar uncle from across the street was skeptical about your decision-taking capabilities. Now look at yourself. You are cribbing and crying about your failure. What is the use tell me? No, just tell me what is the use? Your eyes have gone into their sockets. You are looking like one of those skeleton-pirates from Pirates of the Carribean movie. From the looks of it, you need that 1-year facial foundation make-up program to liven up your face. Now go eat something atleast. Shall I get you parcel Idly from Nartaki tiffins?"

All through our adult lives, every choice we make and every decision we take is all in an effort to avoid this sentence "I told you so!" from being uttered by anyone.

Nut 2 - You know what, I was told the same thing at home yesterday when I bought a tube of Pepsodent 2-in-1 instead of buying a Pepsodent G.

Nut 1 - <<Takes a gun, shoots himself in the shins and limps away>>

2 comments:

Satish said...

Where is the like button? :P

kaaV said...

ha ha :D
I told you so... why don't you ever listen to me :D