Tuesday, May 09, 2006

23. Transvestites on exhibition

LISTEN U GOT TAGGED !

This is the first time that I’ve got tagged, lets see how I fare at this Tag-xamination ;) So, as Janani (my tagger) would say, lets get down to business..... This TAG is gonna be all about the MOST embarrassing moment/s in ur life.... so here we go....

Well, it’s quite tough to choose just one u know, coz there are so many worthy contenders for this prestigious accolade. But at the end of the day, there can only be one winner. So, here’s my winner tale.

Title : Transvestites on exhibition

Venue : St.Joseph’s High School
Day of the week : Thursday
Day Temperature – 30 degrees C
Forecast – Sunny

Rewind – 9 years back, when being in Class 6 was a matter of pride. The reason, because among all the Classrooms only the Class 6 ones had a separate balcony for themselves, each section had it’s own balcony (this was possible because there used to be one Class 6 Section on each one of the floors of the high school building). Oh, we had our own space, the breeze blew right into the classroom and we always had that much extra time to cover our tracks of mischief whenever the princi made his rounds coz ours used to be the last room in the corridor. Wondering why the excruciating detail on the location of my classroom, you’ll soon see why.

Well, Thursday is the one day of the week when we students are supposed to wear whites. Thursday is also the day when our class Leader or Prefect( a stern female, Miss S ) checks the whiteness of our shoes and chucks us outside the class right at the beginning of the day. Our class teacher (Madam C), an eccentric female, was quite famous to give ingenious punishments to students. Well little did I know that I would be on her hit-list today. On our return from the assembly back to the classroom, S stands at the front door, and doesn’t allow me to enter the class coz of unpolished shoes. I don’t mind, coz I’ve got quite a few others as company, and am quite sure that Madam C would let us all off because we were like 20 guys standing outside. She enters the corridor, sees the 20 of us, and looks at us keenly, as though we are some Mongolian tribals who have accidentally stumbled onto a Catholic missionary school.

Then S comes and whispers something in Madam’s ears and then she shouts “Today’s hair checking day as well”. I am like “Oh Shit ! I haven't even combed my hair today. Haven't cut my hair for 2 months now. Should have atleast oiled my hair.Bloody, keep sitting and watching that stupid WWF all morning and forget polishing and combing, now pay the price, Idiot !”

I somehow keep praying that she passes by me without noticing, but then, all wishes don’t come true you see. She halts, catches me by the hair and says “Abhay, what do you do with all the money that you save by not going to the barber?” I want to say “ Have spent all of it on bets in our gully cricket matches” , but end up giving her the stupid innocent bent-head smile. She takes me and a friend Arvind to the side and yells at the others - “Remove all your shoes and socks and leave them in the balcony, you’ll spend the whole day walking bare-foot”. Looks at the both of us and says, “The same applies to you two as well”. So we do as directed and remain standing in the corridor while the others rush into the classroom before Madam thinks of a harsher punishment. So this leaves the two of us at her mercy. She calls the Leader and yells “Oh S***a , get me the two frocks that I have kept in the bottom shelf of the cupboard”. Arvind and I look at each other, stare blankly at Madam C after hearing this. “Holy cow, she’s really gonna make us wear frocks !!!!”

Arvind and I try to reason it out with Madam C but she isn’t ready to listen to anything we gotto say. Says “You boys should be taught a lesson. You should look like students , not hooligans. You have to wear these frocks all day” . “yeah right ! like having a little extra hair was the one and only qualification to look like a hooligan…..Agreed that we students needed to be taught a lesson, but why just make the both of us the ‘bakras’, this is so unfair :(( ” S goes to the cupboard, does some searching and returns with a couple of cute looking frocks. One of ‘em a maroon one with grey stripes, the other being a fluorescent yellow one patched with marigolds and sunflowers all over. But they looked so small from a distance, I began to wonder whether I would fit in them? “Worst case, if I have to wear a frock, I’ll jump and take the maroon one, coz wearing a dazzling flowery frock all day will make the top headlines for the next few years to come.”


To be honest, I wasn’t in the best shape back then, with nick names like “motu-seth”, “gol-matol”, “laddoo” , you can get a rough idea , cant you ;) Madam C gives me the frocks to choose from, I grab the maroon one and try wearing it on. All this while, the other students of the class are peeping outside the window and watching us getting humiliated. “Please let this be a dream , let this be a dream, I cant bear this humiliation”. Turns out that the maroon one is too tight, I barely squeeze myself into it, while Arvind looked kinda cute sporting the yellow frock :) Then we are made to enter the class, bare-foot, wearing frocks and hair-clips on our head. Hear huge laughter from all directions……boy that was so so embarrassing. But this was just the beginning. My friends start to ask me out - “You are a pretty girl in a frock, will you go on a date with me ?” and then there are the other dim-wits who come up with lines like “ Mast lag raha hai mama….Anna, yellow frock main chamakra …….hair pins mast fit hai”.

Every teacher who walked in that day mocked at us, one of ‘em told “Who are these two new admission girls in my class, can you introduce yourselves? hahahaha” I had this overwhelming urge to jump off the top of the building that very instant, wanted to get out of school and rush to the barber to get my head clean shaven, may be a Michael Jordan look or a Mohican style ala David Beckham. Arvind was feeling even worse, his frock got him more attention, while I was struggling for survival in mine. “Arey, this frock is too tight, my whole figure is getting revealed, as it is I am no hunk to look at…..Damn, it’s suffocating!”


And to complicate matters, it started raining. It poured like anything for about one hour, enough time to soak up all the shoes out in the balcony. My wretched luck, am in a bloody frock and now my shoes are soaked, can it get worse. Yes, it did get worse. By lunch time, I had had enough of it, so me and Arvind decide and start to remove the frocks when Madam C makes a surprise entry, catches us red-handed. She makes us swap the frocks, so now, I am the one in the fluorescent yellow marigold-y frock. At least it fit better, poor Arvind had to struggle with the maroon one now. With five minutes for the lunch break to end, people from all classes start to rush towards our room, apparently news had spread far and wide that the notorious (I was quite famously notorious) Abhay Krishna was wearing a Yellow frock. So, now me and Arvind are these ‘transvestites on exhibition’ and students ranging from kinder garden to class 10 come to pay us a visit. Man, we couldn’t even eat our lunches that day. And our wet shoes dint make matters any better…It was one of the most embarrassing days of my life, an integration of many “Most embarrassing moments”.

Ps:
To this day I am remembered as the guy who wore a frock for not having a haircut, it’s a legend in my school. The story goes “Once upon a time, there was a boy who dint care for a haircut……………”

Time for tagging – I tag the following people


  • PSR




  • Pavan




  • Puneet




  • Mohan




  • Satish




  • June
  • 21 comments:

    Excited 2 B Alive said...

    i couldnt control my laughter while i was reading this....

    On the positive side, thanks to Madam C for making u wear a frock atleast once in ur life time :)

    But on the serious side i hate such teachers who do not care anything for the feelings of a student...

    Anywayz good post

    mizarukikazaruiwazaru said...

    hehe..dude...how did u survive this ordeal beats moi !!!! commiting hara kiri would seem so mundane !! whoa...think some one just won t prize for t most embarassing moment !!

    Mohan Kodali said...

    hhaha lolz!

    man can we get the pics if u have any?

    Pavan said...

    LMAO... so st.joseph's school huh... lets go ther when in hyd.. ok?

    PSR Chaitanya said...

    lol...imagine Abhay in afrock and doin a 100 sprint in school. roflol

    Abhay said...

    @excited
    we hated those teachers back tehn, but they r the ones who giv us such treasured memories :P

    @mizarukikazaruiwazaru
    thnx for honouring me with the award :)

    @chandu
    i so wish i had the pics....but nopes....

    @pavan
    yeah, as a matter of fact, Madam C still works there :)

    @psr
    wat a sight...i'd want to watch it myself ;)

    Satish said...

    Cud'nt stop laughing man....my belly hurt a lot...
    I was shocked when I read the punishment part...thats too horrible and embarassing...coming to tag part, as of now I cud'nt think of such a moment in my life....but will write a post when i remember one

    nikhil said...

    dude.....when did this actually happen....i seem to have missed a lot of action .....i was just a few feet below when u were going thru those moments of absolute embarassment..any news first used to come straight into 6-"A" and then to the rest of the school as we were among the best all time journos of our school...lol...i some how have a not so gud impression on the infamous "Miss C"though she never taught us....

    g8 post buddie!!!!!!!

    p.s:were the frocks of full lenght or of the size sported by mallika sherawat.....lol....

    Bunky Jumping Pundit said...

    hey sexy babe,

    u should have looked cute in tht frock ...lol.... how many of them proposed to you abhay baby.....

    upload some pics man....sorry wo-man

    ha ha ha

    i don't think giving such punishments to students will ever make a difference to their discipline levels.....it was bad on the part of Miss c .....

    Stuffed Goofy! said...

    Boy oh boy!!! abay!! one of da most hilariuz stuff i have ever read!! amazin, keep rockin wid more f deze!! :)
    did any blessed "altruist" click away pix;) would like ta kno how a laddoo wuld look in marigold-ed frock;)
    lol.. great post, havent stopped laughin !!!!
    n bout da comp, well, i do hav a system in ma hostel , but NO INTERNET :(((( whchz da sad part ! but yea, compz der, els i wouldnt ! ;)

    Abhay said...

    @preeti
    yeah re, i hated that "use only ink pen or pilot pen" rule, i used to lose on pilot pen (25 bucks) every other day and had to go begging to dad for money to get a new one :(

    @stuffedgoodie
    sowwie, no CNN reporter was present to snap me in my misery, however i can mail u a snap of the Laddooo himself in a "Tipu Sultan" costume way back in class 1 ;)

    @Bunky Jumping Pundit
    i tell you, i got quite a few proposals then :D

    @nikhil
    the frocks were middies actually, i wud have exploded out of it had i worn it for a little more time ;)

    @satish
    thnx dude :)

    Anonymous said...

    haha abhay ..funny dude ..well how did i forget man i dont remeber this incident being happend hehe well ^th class man ..had many incidents even i had 1 ..quite a forgetable event again with our Miss C.. , but i she used 2 care abt stdents a lot man, n well whos S...hehe well ya i knw whos she hahaha ..c ya

    Anonymous said...

    ya d diff is ur incident is embarrasing 1 n mine was fearsome hehe Miss C threatened me n a fren , tht he she complain 2 Father ( princi ) v will get removed frm skool etc .haha

    Anonymous said...

    Man! oh fking sorry, Mam [:d], that is one hilarious post! and for once i would love to pay a visit to ur school and get the third person perspective onto this entire epic of a melodrama! cos one thing is for sure hotchick! they will have one hell of an anecdote for this piece of story!

    Extermely hilarious! yess! the most funny post i have read in a blog! so cheers to u! no1 can get more embarassed than that nehwere , be it school or college! hats off to u!

    All in all a great post man! keep posting! I am now a keen follower of ur blog :)

    Anonymous said...

    rotflmao....dude dat was 1 rockin piece of shit dat hapend 2 u!! i rem it quite wel.. i was in d corridor wen preets gave me d news.. assembled al my frenz n came runnin 2 pay ya a visit!! lol lol... miss C is def mean..she threatened me many times dat she ll shave my head off if i dint plait my hair... my sympathies.. but ha ha ha ha .. dude ur's beats evry1's!!

    adrakchai said...

    good one abhay.. hilarious.. can actually imagine ya in the sunflower dress :)
    bet uve been having a haircut on time since then....

    Confused mind said...

    wild imagination to see Abhay in frocks...that was a moment to b captured ...

    Unknown said...

    hey its really funny ........i left the school after 5th class....i'm really feeling bad now.....i missed the fun....hehehe.

    Aditya said...

    Well I obviously got to see you after coming to college. So however hard I tried, I couldn't imagine u as a 6th grader.

    All I could see while reading that post was Abhay Krishna (age 20+, 5'10'' probably, weight - no comments), wearing that maroon frock.

    Definitely not a pretty site. Damn this advanced imagination.

    Anonymous said...

    rotfl!!!!:))
    id already hrd bout this inci over the fone but its sooo much funnier readin t!!!!!poor u!!
    n wotta psycho for a teacher!!she act stocks clothes for punishment!!??!!

    Abhay said...

    @Ashish
    hey mamu, kaisa hai ? had i told u this during intermediate, i can imagine the kind of leg-pulling i'd have to go thru...so refrained from doing so :P