Sunday, February 11, 2007

32. At the coffee shop

At present
He – a student
She – a student
Time : 10:00 AM (on the phone)
He : Hi re, lets meet up ? wat say ?
She : Ok…I am not sure if I should bunk today.
He : hey come on, a cold frappe is the best way to start the day !
She : hehe, yeah.
He : So, it’s a date then :)
She (Smiles) : I guess !
Time : 11:00 AM
At the coffee shop
He – hey, looking damn pretty today !
She just blushes.
She – You smell funny !
He – ya, it’s a mix of ‘Axe’ deo and that stupid anti-dandruff herbal hair oil !
She – You’re weird you know…I like weirdos !
He – You smile a lot you know….I sometimes wonder if it’s because of me….Anyways, wats the plan today ? Wanna watch “Dhoom 2” ?
She – anything’s ok.
He- And before I forget, here are your chocolates…
She (all blushes) – Thank you…and I wont be sharing them !
He – Chalega.
He – And what abt your customary “Blue lagoon” mocktail, when do you plan to have that? before the movie or after ?
She – After! This fellow is so sweet, never forgets to ask me this. I wonder if he’s the one. Why dint I know him a lot earlier? Btw, stop calling at my place with weird aliases like ‘Ace Ventura’ and ‘Laddoo ram’…My mom’s getting suspicious!
He (laughs) – I simply love doin that…. So, looks like I’ve saved you from your ‘Monday blues’ this time…
She – Ya! My friends are all really mad at me, coz you’re making me bunk college all the time ! I’ve missed every Monday this semester you know.
He - Is it !
She – And I am running out of excuses for getting late at home. It’s for you damn it !!!
He – that u’ll manage I know, you’re one evil genius.
She – How rude! Never call a girl evil ok…you can call me an angel you know :) what’s he waiting for? Aint I clear enough !
He – Oh I see ! Devil’s angel :P … Anyways, for today’s excuse, you can say that you helped out a friend who dint know how to spend his money :P
She – Yeah right ! Was I wrong ?
He – Arey serious, I’ve never loved spending so much before you know ! And start bunking Tuesdays too :P
She – hahaha….That’s it ! He’s going to tell me what I am expecting next.
He – And I almost got into a fight today. On my way to meet you, I went up to a guy next to an auto, thought that he was the driver and said “Minerva coffee shop”. He began to give me directions to the place, which puzzled me. I said “Ohh, yeh auto aapka nahin hai kya ?” He took offence to it, saying “main tereko auto wala dikhroon kya re b***** m**** c*** !” and almost gathered a group to beat me up. Thankfully, a bus came close by and I jumped into it.
She (smiling all along) – Only you can do stuff like this ! Btw, look at this pic, me and my baby cousin…doesn’t she look cute.
He – I am not able to decide whose the cute-er of the two :)
She – Is he flirting again? Why is he still hopping around the bushes? Haaa, my cuz of course!…lets go watch the movie.
He- As you say boss.
She – I know he’s shy. He’ll never come out….Should I tell it to him now or not ? I’ve waited for a long time already….. OR….



Time passed, they kept in touch, mainly through the phone coz she had to move out to a different city.

3 years later

At the coffee shop
11:00 AM
He – a manager
She - an artist

She – Hey Hero, you’re looking a l’il off today, what’s the matter ?
He – Nothing re. Just having a cold, that’s all.
She –: Moron ! Stop lying ok ! I can see it in your face that something’s bothering you. Spill it out.
He – Arey. What zabardasti ! I’m telling you that I’m having a cold naa… damn, I guess I am not that good of a cover-up artist after all
She – hmmmph …! He’s never looked so nervy before.
He – We’ve met like after four months and have started off with a quarrel.
She – ok ok ! When did you get here from your place ?
He – Got here just today morning.
She – And came to see me right away ?
He – You said you wanted to meet so I came off…
She – You could have said that u had just come na, u must be tired !
He – forget about that, tell me what was it that you wanted to talk about ?

She whispers something in his ears.
He - What ! You had feelings for me ! When ? Where ? How dint I know ???
She – I was giving you signals all the time, and you never seemed to pick ‘em up. Then came a time when realization dawned on me; that you’re just too innocent and still this jovial little kid… So I stopped, felt we’d be better of as friends.
And it wasn’t just me, even you used to flirt aimlessly, just that you dint know that you were flirting.

He – I always have had this strange belief “Lucky with food, unlucky with love” and it proves right all the time :(
You know , even I liked you a lot. Just that, I dint feel it was proper to rush into things, coz you had just come out of a break-up and I dint want to be the rebound guy. I always felt that the time would come later, so just waited…and time flew…and here we are.

She – Moron ! He hasn’t changed one bit !
At first, I used to see traces of him in you, then I began seeing you in him. That’s why I decided to break up.

He – Ho…my wretched luck. Guess I misunderstood whatever u said, in fact dint understand at all…. And that’s what I intended to tell you now. I felt that too much time had passed and I had to take the first step. Can we start afresh ?

She – I think you’re luck’s gonna change, you’ll have bad food from now on I guess ;)
He – Doesn’t matter, too much of good food is also bad na :P
She (laughs) – Silly fellow !
He – Listen, I’ve directly come from the airport. Need to get home and show my face to mom ‘n dad…My bags are out in the car.
She – What ! Go home right away moron! But I wish you could stay longer.
He – Yea…So, when next ? tomorrow, same place at 5 ?
He – It’s a date then :) Oh god, let this work well this time
She (smiles) – I guess :D…….

13 comments:

Excited 2 B Alive said...

Hmmmm.... more proof how men n women r so damn different!! Men keep giving signals without realizing it n when women give signals n they dont understand that as well :P

i loved the double way convo... writing the thought processing of both the sexes is quite a task :)

way to go!!

Satish said...

chaaalaaaa bagundi ra....really....i got involved reading ur post...neeku writer ga manchi bhavishathu undi nayana :P

btw idi nee personal experience or inspired by tht aa? :))

Anonymous said...

really u have excelled in understandings the signals and relationships.

hope so it will enlighten few of us, who cudnt make progress.

i doubt with such nice experiences and understandings u r still uncommitted!

Gururaj said...

If a, still we live.
If b, still we live.
Emotional attachment is after all emotions and emotions are after all temporary, unless made obsessive.
Obsessive emotions make people insane. Insane in love, hatred and life.

Loss of obsessions leads to loss of aims in life. Where does life lead you?
Surviving and support are not to be mingled. Support increases joys of life. Only Surviving makes one crave for support. There is nothing, in everything after all.

Well put, to understand obsessive indecisive mentality of the common people.

PSR Chaitanya said...

"Before College"
and
"Before Marriage"

Story, Script, Typing : Abhay Krishna. [:)]

Am waiting for the third part

"Before Carriage" [:P]

dc said...

something like this almost happened to me :P

(and it made me spell 'landor' .serously!)

Rahul said...

you post in sequels ? :p anyway smooth narration. looks original.

Pavan said...

nice one mama.. nice one...
now there is someone whom i can take tips from... ;)

howler said...

you are simply great dude!!! but I really doubt if the story is not real ...

sidbadshah said...

I have a feeling that this is more of a real life story than a work of fiction. Waise felt good after reading it... it has a hyderabadi flavor too.. and as PSR said.. waiting for the "before carriage" post.

rohini said...

mm...managed to read only the first post as of now *sob*...

great narration..
am left with the same doubt :-(
ain't dat real?...

if the ans is yes do feel free to land on mah other blog..
wit the title "she met him"..can find dat in my blogger profile..

by the way.."wot did sh whisper?" :P

rohini said...

when is the next post coming?

Abhay said...

@ all and sundry
Its purely fiction, not a cent of it is real baap,xcept for the part where the guy sports the smelly hair oil :P

@charan
i shud be tellin u this !

@psr,sidharth
'before carriage' will have to wait for a while :D..but will write sumthin pakka hyderabadi soon.

@pavan
anna, u're the king..i shdu be the one askin u tips

@howler
dude, u're frm ma batch rite ?

@rohini
the nxt post is up :)