Sunday, February 12, 2012

106. One handed on Valentine's eve

After having a great January, it was but natural that Feb would bring me back to the ground. Fell off my vehicle for the 1st time. No one's fault, it was just pure unadulterated shitty luck. My right side(right palm to right toe) is writhing in pain, my right palm has a red sun in it as I speak. Have been living one handed for the last couple of days now. This experience is teaching me to appreciate my erstwhile two handed life. With bruises on the right hand and a tetanus injection after-effect on the left, life's been amazing off late. Having a one handed bath dodging all the lacerated areas is like climbing the Everest upside down. Super tough and taxing :s

And all this happening on the eve of Valentine's. I couldn't have timed the fall better I feel.  Not that I had gr8 chances of getting a date this Valentine's(or on any Valentine's as a matter of fact). But I wish to believe that miracles can happen, even with me.

This is my first (and maybe only) one-handed post. Yea, typed all this with my left. Dedicating this to an old one-sided valentine who herself was/is a furious one-handed typer.

And to all my fellow readers(me, the mosquito on the monitor and the lizard near the fan), here's wishing you all a very happy Valentine's day in advance.

ps: Beware of Shiv Sainiks. Or better yet, dress up as one so that they don't trouble you :p

pps : Had written one post on Valentine's day back in 2006 (a bit amateurish must say). Here it is - http://abbchris.blogspot.in/2006/02/heart-shaped-wonders.html

1 comment:

puneet varma said...

26 years and still writing blogs on valentine's day...

ckinn... Fill the missing letters..