Saturday, April 23, 2011

95. Burnt your fingers

The last couple of months have been nothing short of splendid. After having had a life-scarring tenure at my previous job, I needed this welcome change real bad. Its all relativity. The things that I could/did not appreciate earlier have started meaning so much to me now.

The big guy who'd come to give the welcome address on the day of joining said (yes, this is my third job joining day, its kinda getting boring now) - 'You guys have burnt your fingers in the outside world and then come to us, the mothership. So we expect you to appreciate what we're offering and also respect it by not jumping to another job in the near future'.

Every ounce of watever he'd said made sense. Not only do I like this place, i have also started living well. When I say living well, what I mean is that I am making/finding time to get up on time, eat on time, go to work on time, read good books , goto a gym, catch up with old friends and chill at hangouts on weekends. I've learnt to balance my time, appreciate watever upar-vala (god, the cosmic truth) has given me and am trying my best to live well :)

This post is just a happy overtone. Nothing funny about it (intentional or unintentional)

2 comments:

girija said...

a good one i feel...nice to know the details...upar wala be with you always

Debajyoti Saha said...

Good to get that simple happy tone..otherwise people mostly blabber about their frustration, sadness and all sorts of confusing staff...