Wednesday, April 14, 2010

79. Law of conservation of happiness

Nut 1 sees Nut 2 who is staring into nothingness, goes up to him and the following conversation ensues.

Nut 1 : What are you thinking about ?

Nut 2 : I'm confused....

Nut 1 : confused about what ?

Nut 2 : I want my parents to be happy.

Nut 1 : How noble a thought, at 2 in the morning! But, what's there to get confused about in this?

Nut 2 : Well. You see.They say that they're happy if I am happy.

Nut 1 : And your point is ?

Nut 2 : I know they may not be happy about some of the stuff I do that makes me happy. So I end up doing stuff that makes them happy and doing this doesn't make me happy. So they'll not be happy when I'm happy and they'll be happy when I'm not happy. Something's terribly wrong here.

Nut 1 : Its Murphy's Law of conservation of Happiness. Happiness can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be transferred from one body to another.

Nut 2 : Profound...

1 comment:

Prateek said...

that ends my day on a happy note :)
thankoo :)